Friday, February 5, 2010

Well, what goes around comes around.

Since mid-January we've been one sick family. It started with W having an ear infection and G having a respiratory virus. Then, G's virus turned into Bronchiolitis and an ear infection. Thankfully, W's ear infection was gone by then. But 3 weeks of being up all night with little man has a way of taking it's toll on a mama. Sure enough, I started getting sick last week. It started with a nagging cough, but within a week's time it had moved into my chest, resulting in a nasty cough and lots of wheezing. I was practically attached to the Albuterol. They say viruses normally run 5-7 days on their own and if it doesn't clear up by then, then you need to see the doctor.

Well, I had given it a full week and by Wednesday night, I looked at my sweet hubby and told him I thought I was dying and it was time to go the doctor. Thursday morning, I called the doctor's office and they fit me in. I rushed to get the boys to my awesome aunt since I know a doctor's office is just a great bastion of germs. Two chest x-rays and a finger prick later, I was told I had a nice case of asthmatic bronchitis. SWEET. If you've never had bronchitis, it takes FOREVER to get rid off. And, if you're a mom, especially a SAHM, they are no sick days. Thankfully, Dr. Feel Good juiced me up with a couple of shots, a heavy duty cough syrup and Biaxin.

After which, I went home, tossed the boys into their respective rooms and crashed. Today, I feel a bit better and the cough is easing but I sure do wish my mama was here to take care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment




  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP