Saturday, August 28, 2010

Panic stricken

I love to entertain. I love catching up with great friends, meeting new ones, and the conversation that comes out of it. However, I hate the pre-cleaning that you feel like you must do prior to having guests come over. It never fails. The week of said event I can feel the panic rising and the laundry list of things that need to be done forming. Last night, we hosted a wedding shower for a couple in our Sunday School class that just got married and this is a synapsis of my week:

Monday: Start picking up the clutter and tabulating in my mind what has to be done.

Tuesday: Wipe down the baseboards and kitchen cabinets. Pick up more clutter. Sweep and mop.

Wednesday: Clean ceiling fan blades. Hose down deck and straighten up various kids toys and chairs on deck. Holy crud. Look at those shrubs. Get out the bypass loppers and start whacking away. Call DH panic stricken and ask how to use weed eater.

Thursday: Vacuum upstairs, start cleaning bathrooms. Pick up more clutter. Carp. Where is this clutter coming from? Clean out dining room which has become the black hole for sewing stuff. Go shopping for food. Clean kitchen. By night fall, start breathing a little easier, because all that's left is living room.

Friday: Start working on the living room floors. But, something's not right. Hmmm. Maybe I should move the couch over there. Now, the overstuffed chair looks funny where it is at. Move over stuffed chair across the room. What if I move the love seat against that other wall. Now, the end table looks weird. Ok, lets move it by the couch and the accent chair. I'm liking it, but you can't see the tv. That's not going to work. Ok, ok, let's move the t.v. and entertainment cabinet across the room. Pant, sweat, pant, sweat. Move area rug which reminds me about the floors. Carp! I still haven't finished the floors!

(Seriously, why do I decide that yesterday of all days is the day to rearrange my living room?!! I am a glutton for punishment, I guess. LOL. Despite it all, I love the flow of the new set-up. Before the room always seemed choppy and now it works and feels so much more open.)

With all that said, everything always comes together and it is always so much fun. Last night was no exception. We had amazing food. Great conversation. We "oohed" and "aahed" over N and J's honeymoon pictures. We had a streaker. Huh? Yes. W ran into the living room showing off his goods to the whole crowd. (He's potty training and has a hard time getting his undies and pants up after going potty.) So, there was nudity and lots of laughter.

We know how to throw a party.




Now for the good stuff. PICS!


Getting ready to open some gifts. :D


The fabulous newlyweds


These guys are up to no good. Trust me.


Our resident, professional photographer taking the real shots.



Lest we forget...the rearranged living room. Ha!

Much nicer, eh?

1 comment:

  1. Hah! Your house looked GREAT. I love the new living room layout. Now your kids will have so much more room to RUN and tire themselves out! :) Thanks for having us; such a good night!

    Oh, and you be quiet; your pictures are always fab, too!

    --Deborah

    ReplyDelete




  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP