Monday, July 11, 2011

Happy birthday, sweet pea!

Dear W,

I can't quite believe that you are 4 years old today. Four years ago I became a mother and with that came the huge responsibility of raising a newborn you. I hope I've done a good job so far and I'm so grateful that you came into my life, our lives, that day.
I thought I knew what it would be like to be a mother. I thought I knew what it meant to love. Then, you arrived and taught me that I knew so very little.

Everyday you amaze me with how much you know. You love to reading and love nothing more than looking at books or your animal encyclopedia. You love spending time at the Zoo. I envision you growing up and being a Zoologist or veterinary doctor. You are truly a human sponge!

You love to play with your brother, most of the time, and love showing him how to do things and teaching him things. He looks up to you, shouting for you in the morning and showing you all the tricks he's learning.

You know your own mind and know what you want which can make you a stubborn child but I'm sure will stand you in good stead in later years to truly go out there and make something of yourself. I know you will make us so proud when you start school next year or two; you are already showing you have the makings of
becoming someone really, really amazing.

You are caring and thoughtful, always making sure we're all OK and asking if we "slept well" and greeting us with "Good morning, mommy. Good morning, daddy." You love cuddling with me in the morning and listening to the stories of how you were in my tummy and how you got out and grew and grew from
a teeny tiny baby to a big boy.

I hope you have a wonderful birthday today.

Loving you has shown me that I can’t control everything…that sometimes the most amazing moments come from letting go just a little…that sometimes it’s better to let life guide us just a bit.

Happy birthday, my little love

xoxo,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment




  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP