Friday, September 10, 2010

great oogly-moogly

As I've mentioned before, we signed Will up for fall soccer. We thought it would be a lot of fun and were hoping he'd enjoy it. Well, if you know me, then you'd know I have a way of getting into these situations without meaning too. Hence, the "where nothing is as easy as it seems" tagline in the header comes from and this is no exception.

When I registered Will, they had a check box for anyone interested in being a parent volunteer. I checked that box. Mistake number one. I didn't hear anything back so I thought they must have plenty since it's a big organization. Then, I got an e-mail a couple of weeks ago, again asking for parent volunteers. I shot back a quick reply that I'd be happy to help, but I'd be a little scarce for the month of September as my father was having transplant surgery. But, I never heard back. Again, assuming that another parent had volunteered. Mistake number 2.

On Monday, we go to the parent meeting. They go through a Power point show, and then they put up the listing of teams and every so often a name would be highlighted in yellow. They finally get to Will's team and his name is in yellow. S says, "You know why his name is highlighted?" Me: "Maybe, it's a marker to show where that team ends and the next begins? I'm not sure." Mistake number 3.

Yeah, I got an e-mail today with the team member's information and that yellow line clearly signifies the parent of said soccer player as Activity Leader which is a farking roundabout way of saying COACH. OMG. Thud.

Seriously, I thought parent volunteer was something like team mom. You know, the one who makes sure the kids have snacks and something to drink. Mistake number 4. Great oogly-moogly. I've never even played soccer! And, really, don'tcha think they should have responded to me in some way?!

So, with a voice of authority, I walk in and tell S this news and declare that he is now Activity Leader/Coach. Love ya babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment




  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP