Tuesday, March 15, 2011

moving on along

The bonus room is, that is. We did have slight hiccup though. Our contractor worked very hard on getting all the blemishes out of the concrete (meaning over 3 hours of sanding and buffing it to get rid of any old glue, etc.) prior to staining it. Well, no matter what he tried. The stain wouldn't take so we ended up with a floor that looked like, well, rusted.

Pretty, right?

Obviously, not the look we were going for so back to the drawing boards. I think S and I really would like hardwoods down there at some point, but the budget isn't going to allow that at this point in time. Also, in the essence of time, we really just needed to get the room finished so we went with a basic garage floor epoxy. To be honest, I wasn't really thrilled with the color selection offered but I think it's going to turn out better than I thought.

First coat of garage floor epoxy


A close-up of the new floor


S and I are now focusing on room color. Ok, really, I am, but S is obsessed with getting the furniture in and set-up. I keep telling him that we aren't doing a thing until all the painting is done, because truthfully, if we don't finish the wall color and trim before we start moving the new stuff in, then it probably won't ever get finished. With that said, I've started painting here and there trying to feel out the new color. I wanted something fresh and funky for a modern look and now I just have to make sure I can live with it. Ha!

Sneak peek

The color is light aqua and the picture doesn't quite get it right, but you get the drift. I've ordered a red area rug and am making large cushions for the futon with red accents for a fun twist. Now, I shall keep my fingers crossed that it all comes together.

Hopefully, I'll have a picture of a finished room by this weekend!






2 comments:

  1. I love the new room, Paige. And, I love the floor. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, K! I appreciate it. :D

    ReplyDelete




  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP