Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving at the farm

When it comes to the holidays, each year we alternate Thanksgiving between the families. This year we spent Turkey Day with my FIL, SIL and her family. S went up on Monday; the boys and I went up on Tuesday. One of goals while there was to spend some time at the family farm, and in particular, I wanted to attempt to have our Christmas card photo taken there. As anyone who has had small children or has small kids knows, trying to get that perfect picture is often an exercise in futility. Here's a peak at one such attempt:




Despite it all, we did have a lot of fun. After our pictures were taken, we changed into comfy clothes (read: clothes that I wouldn't stroke out if something happened to them) and all went for a ride in the Gator. As luck would have it, we spotted 6 or 7 turkeys and a couple of deer. A bit later, we put G down for a nap and left W to have some fun with Grandpa as S and I went for a more "exciting" John Deere Gator ride (going up and down some very steep hills).

Boys goofing off in the shed.


Back into my picture outfit after Grandpa let me go
for an accidental swim in the pond.


No comments:

Post a Comment




  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP